Get involved in the community! Stay in the know with what’s going on in the area through Love Local NEPA!
Email us at email@example.com if you’re apart of a local charity or non-profit that has an upcoming event and we will add it to our list.
- Thursday, November 14th will mark the closing of this season’s Farmers Market on Public Square in Wilkes-Barre! The market will be open from 10-4.
- The American Heart Association of NEPA is going red for women! To bring awareness to cardiovascular disease and end heart disease and stroke in women, the nonprofit is hosting a luncheon on November 15th at the Hilton in Scranton. To learn more or sign up for the event, visit Heart.org
- It’s time to crown the next Miss Tanfastic of NEPA! Cast your vote on who should win at 97BHT.com now, and head to the Woodlands on November 15th to see the finals live!
- Local small businesses around Hunlock Creek created a “Christmas in the Creek Event” that will take place November 16th and 17th. Follow a trail along the creek to shop area vendors offering fun and unique gift ideas, and be entered to win a grand prize raffle! The fun beings at 10am!
- Stone Hedge Golf Course in Tunkhannock will begin it’s annual drive-thru Christmas Lights Display on Friday, November 22nd at 5pm. The Festival of Lights display will be open each evening until Christmas Eve. Cost to drive through is $25/vehicle on weekdays and $30 on weekends.
- The annual Scranton Santa Parade kicks off downtown at 9:30am November 23rd! Cozy up and watch all the marching bands, floats, entertainers and more go by along the parade route – and don’t forget your candy bags!
- Wilkes-Barre will have its annual Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony on Saturday, November 23rd. Festivities begin at 3pm with the Parade Kickoff which runs down South Main Street to Public Square. Immediately following the parade the Christmas Tree on the Square will be lit with an appearance from Santa.
- Wilkes-Barre City will again host its Old-Fashioned Holiday Market on Saturday, November 30th from 11am-7pm. Shop local food and craft vendors on Small Business Saturday, live music, horse and carriage rides, a living nativity and a visit from Santa!
- It’s time for one of the biggest holiday craft shows of the year! The Red Cross will host their annual holiday craft show inside the Kingston Armory on Saturday, November 30th from 9-4. Shop over 100 vendors full of handmade holiday crafts and unique gifts in every category!! Admission is $5 and helps continue the Red Cross mission.
- Get on board with the Steamtown Holiday Express November 30th! Hop on board at Santa’s Station, ride through the Magic Tunnel and visit with Santa himself at the Reindeer Barn near the North Pole! Check out model train displays, shop vendors, write a letter to Santa and munch on some cookies and milk! Visit Steamtown National Historic Site for ticket sales and info.