Get involved in the community! Stay in the know with what’s going on in the area through Love Local NEPA!
Email Laura G at email@example.com if you’re apart of a local charity or non-profit that has an upcoming event and we will add it to our list.
- Join the Forty-Fort Police Department for their National Night Out Tuesday, August 6th at the Forty-Fort pool! Enjoy FREE swimming, pizza, music and entertainment as well as an array of emergency vehicles as you get to mingle with your community and its first responders. Runs from 6-9!
- The Plymouth Kielbasa Fest kicks off on Main Street in Plymouth August 9-10 this year. Enjoy all your favorite foods, vendors, contests and of course – Kielbasa!
- Visit Jessup August 10th for their annual Wine Festival at the Jessup Hose Co #2. Have wine tasting, music, food, vendors, raffles and more from 2-7pm!
- Take your chance at winning a designer purse August 10th while supporting the Hanover Mini Hawks Football and Cheerleading team! The group is having a purse bingo at the Warrior Run fire hall from 11-5.
- Jude is having it’s annual picnic in the Grove August 9-11 on Mountain Blvd in Mt. Top.! Grab some food, play games and more!
- Help your local veterans and check out the Patriot’s Cove event August 10th! The day starts with a Ride For Patriots beginning in Mountain Top and ends at the Black Walnut American Legion, where the party continues with a Chicken BBQ, car and truck show, raffles and more!
- The Luzerne County SPCA will hold a cash only rabies and microchip clinic August 10th from noon-2pm. Rabies shots are $10, microchips are $25!
- The “Kris Moules Memorial 5K and Walk for all the Heroes” is August 10th at Kirby Park. The run begins at 9am, with the walk at 9:15.
- PRIDE isn’t over yet! Visit Knoebels August 10th to take part in the park’s very own “Pride Picnic” at the Grove from 11-9p. The picnic itself is free, but you must pay for rides.
- The 7th annual Dr. Jen’s Hope Block Party will be held August 11th at Cooper’s Seafood House in Scranton. Come out from noon-4 for a food buffet, live music, raffles, and children’s activities! Proceeds raised benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Scranton and Ruth’s Place in Wilkes-Barre!
- Help paint the town red August 15-18th for the Pittston Tomato Festival! Get in of a tomato fight, run a 5k, eats lots of tomato-based things, play games and so much more!
- On August 16th a golf tournament will take place at the Irem Golf Club in Dallas to benefit Equines For Freedom, a local org that offers support to veterans suffering from PTSD. Visit Equines For Freedom on Facebook to learn more or register
- The 14th Annual Blessed Sacrament Parish Family Festival, 215 Rebecca Street in (the Mid Valley community of) Throop will be held Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, August 16, 17, 18. Traditional ethnic and picnic foods. A Pig-in-the-Blanket Dinner on Saturday August 17 beginning at Noon. Breakfast on Sunday Beginning at 10:30AM followed by BINGO with seating at 12:30PM
- The SPCA of Luzerne County is having a designer purse bingo August 18th at Genetti’s! $30 gets you 20 games and lunch! Contact the SPCA to buy your tickets, or inquire about donating raffles/bags!
- The Wilkes-Barre Lions Club is having a Chicken BBQ Sunday, August 19th at St. Conrad’s YMS. The event runs from noon-2 on South Washington Street with choice of chicken dinner or rack of ribs with baked potato, beans, Coleslaw, roll, dessert and more.
- The Former West Hazleton High School will have their Wildcats RoundUp on August 24th at the Faith United Church of Christ Hall on Airport Rd. in Hazleton. The event is a reunion for teachers, alumni or anyone that attended the former school and includes a buffet, prizes, crab races and more. Cost is $28 per person and runs from noon on.
- Courthouse Square in Downtown Scranton will turn into all your favorite Italian Cuisine on August 30th for the return of La Festa Italiana! Food vendors line the square along with entertainment and more!
- Saint Jude annual Picnic in the Grove. August 9-11 on Mountain Blvd. in Mt. Top.
- St. Matthews Parish Festival in East Stroudsburg will take place August 9-11